Monday, April 27, 2009

LobstaFest 09


Last night's meal had been months in the making. I had never had lobster before, and when I mentioned the idea everyone was really excited. Due to the price, and also our cooking adventurism, we decided that it would be fun to have a lobster boil. We wanted to wait till it got nice outside, which thankfully finally happened.

We went to go meet our lobsters at stop and shop a couple of hours before dinner time. I was a little bit freaked out, since I don't think I had ever seen the exact animal I was about to eat while it was still alive (except for some fish) and the idea that they needed to be cooked alive seemed a bit strange to me. The meat can't go bad that quickly, can it?

Anyway, we decided to go the steaming route, since a couple websites said the meat would come out tastier, and then we wouldn't have to wait as long for the water to boil. We kept the condiments pretty simple, some melted clarified butter and lemon wedges.

Lobsters coming out of the pot:

On the side we had some coleslaw and corn on the cob which is finally starting to be in season, Yay!


Here are the people who at them minus me:


and the remains of what we ate:

1 comment:

  1. Avi Smith! You call yourself from Massachusetts and you've never had lobster before??!!

    ReplyDelete