Monday, March 23, 2009

Schnitzel Time

So we're back from spring break. Sorry I haven't been posting. I got my wisdom teeth out and have been eating different forms of vegetable mush and ice cream.
I also learned that not everything can be put in a blender with a bit of liquid; my fake meat and spinach stir fry smoothie didn't turn turn out so well.

I can eat more solid food now, and for our first dinner back we made some schnitzel.


To make it we took boneless skinless chicken breasts and beat them (with our fists) until they were somewhat flat.
We then dipped them in egg, and coated them in a mixture of (proportions are really not exact. I don't know if I would even trust this at all)
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tsp chili powder
a large pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
and 1 tsp sumac - I went on a field trip to Formaggio in Cambridge (which by the way is the best store ever- they have their own cheese cave!) with a friend and went through their spices smelling the ones I had never heard of. Sumac kinda has a woody citrus flavor

We then pan fried them for around 3-5 minutes on each side.

On the side we had creamy orzo cooked with parm and butter, and roasted brussel sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment