Monday, March 9, 2009

Curr-tastic

Another stunning curry happened tonight. I think this might be the best one yet, so I am going to try to make up some sort of a recipe so that we can recapture what happened.

1) Lots of chopping. I chopped up some Tofu Lin, a green pepper, cabbage, and two cloves of garlic
2) Some oil goes into a wok. In go all of the above. They sizzle around for a bit and then in goes a can's worth of chickpeas.
3) Some more sizzling. Then about 4/5's a can of coconut milk is added. After that I added some Tumeric, Cumin, Cardamom, Salt, Chili Powder, and a spice blend from a lady who sells stuff at the Farmer's market (basically a curry powder with some cinnamon in it).
4) Finally I added about a tablespoon of red curry paste and about 1/3 a cup of tomato paste.
5) This hung out on the stove at a simmer for like 20 minutes as we waited on rice and asparagus.

YUM!
p.s. We keep forgetting the people who ate it pictures, but I can at least give you an answer. This meal was enjoyed by me, Sarah W. and Olivia on the night before Olivia and I leave for Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment