Sunday, February 22, 2009

Things I Ate Today

"I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M's and like 3 pieces of licorice."
-Cher from Clueless

I will let her list stand in for mine because I am not screwy enough to count M&M's (although I'm fairly sure I had between 14 and 17). But let it be known that a house full of party leftovers is a dangerous place, especially when you live next to the kitchen and it's rainy outside and you don't want to do your work. Will I ever want spanakopita again? Probably. Will I ever write the Sensation & Perception reaction paper I've been putting off all day? Less likely. Will Sprite Zero kill us all? Maybe. So many questions, so many pretzel sticks. Is this tea caffeinated? Do I know you? Why do I want to bake again? Why does Xiaoxi stress cook? How's that midnight snack soup coming? Why is Blogger still in Spanish when I haven't blogged from Argentina in over a year? Todavía tengo mi español? What am I doing with the rest of my life? Do I want kids?

Avi, you have done a dangerous thing. You have provided an outlet for... this. I hope you're happy.

2 comments:

  1. Better question. Do your kids want an Uncle Sam? . . . and an Uncle Jessie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to revisit my earlier thought . . . John Stamos! Uncle Sam wants you etc.

    ReplyDelete