Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mushroom Tart


I am picky about starches. When we made spanakopita, I was more interested in the fillo dough than the filling. I like the chocolate cookies better than the cream filling in an Oreo. When I was growing up I would often only eat the wonton skins and leave the wontons in the bowl. I never liked pie, but I love pie crusts. What makes one pie better than another for me is the quality of the crust.

All of this is just a long way of saying that I made two tarts: one with a prepared pie crust from weshop, and one with a scratch-made yeasted tart dough. The one with the yeasted tart dough was superior in every way. Since I'm such a starch connoisseur, I should have known. What makes one tart better than another is the crust.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. There's also the roasted garlic puree in the custard, and chanterelles.


No comments:

Post a Comment