Sunday, May 17, 2009

A tale of Mango-Ginger Scones

Have you ever gotten to that point where too much of a good thing can be a stressful thing? The fruit and veggie co-op gave us mangoes two weeks in a row recently. I shouldn't complain. I really really love mangoes. Still, it was distressing when we had 3 mangoes going past their prime on the bottom of our fruit basket. I had decided days before that the mangoes would be perfect for some mango scones, and even went so far as to hunt for recipes. Somehow life got the better of me though, and I hadn't executed the plan.


Once upon a time, Avi and I were hanging out in our very messy kitchen wondering what to eat for breakfast. We made a deal. I would do the dishes and he would make mango scones. I had been thinking about them for too long to get a kick out of making them. Luckily eating them was still delicious. We used a crystallized form of ginger that added a sweet and tangy flavor to the scones. Yum, Yum Yum. Eating the scones was like living happily ever after.


p.s. Sarah liked them too!

1 comment: