Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mulitpurpose Marinade

After being in Honduras for the past 10 days, I was really excited to cook when I got home. My grandfather was coming to dinner and that was enough of an excuse to go slightly beyond the normal dinner at home. I served a seared tuna steak over brown rice with caramelized asparagus pieces. Since it was the first day back home, it was a very busy day so I took a nice shortcut. I made one huge batch of marinade and used it for the tuna and for the asparagus (with the addition of some orange flower honey!). The marinade was what really made the meal. I didn't measure, but I will estimate the best I can.

1 tbs brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
Salt and Pepper




Really not to complicated, but when you add that to the fire on the grill you get some delicious caramelization. Especially on the asparagus! Grilling veggies is a nice way to change things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment